The Groups tab under User Management gives you full control over the access and functionality your organization’s users have within the Rho platform. This helps you mitigate security risk and makes it easy for your team members to work together safely.
In the Groups tab, you can view and manage all of your user groups:
- View details for each user group, as well as users that belong to each group. You may also search and directly add or remove users in groups here.
- Access and edit default user groups, which Rho has pre-designed to address common client user roles and their likely access level needed.
- Create and define new, customizable user groups based on specific control preferences and your organization’s needs.
Default User Groups
We have preset the controls and permissions of 6 user groups that are available as defaults for Rho clients. These are Account Owner, Administrator, Budget Owner, Employee, Bookkeeper, Investor. Each of these user groups has a unique package of permissions:
- Account Owner | This role should be assigned to the owner of the account at Rho, typically the CEO or CFO of a company. Account Owners have full access to the dashboard as far as creating and using Team Cards, creating wires/ACHs, viewing account balances, creating and viewing Budgets, accepting legal agreements, and adding new Team Members. This role, along with the Administrator, will have the default ability to accept any legal agreements on behalf of the client.
- Administrator | This role should be assigned to the person in charge of day-to-day finance operations, typically a member of the finance or operations team. Administrators also have full access to the dashboard as far as creating & using Team Cards, creating wires/ACHs, viewing account balances, creating and viewing Budgets, accepting legal agreements, and adding new Team Members. This role, along with the Account Owner, will have the default ability to accept any legal agreements on behalf of the client.
- Budget Owner | This role should be assigned to the manager of a team of employees but not an Administrator. Each Budget owner has the ability to view and manage Budgets that they are added to, and any team cards that are also added to that Budget. Here is more information about creating Budgets. Budget Owners can not create bills, nor can they view account balances or Payee history.
- Employee | This role should be assigned to any employee who should be given limited permissions, such as creating their own Rho cards. They are, however, unable to view account balances or Payee history.
- Bookkeeper | This role should be assigned to the company’s accountant and is a ‘view all’ role with limited action permissions. Bookkeepers can view all balances and transactions but require approvals to send them.
- Investor: | This role should be assigned to investors who need to review account finances directly. This role is predominantly 'view only’, however investors can create transactions in the banking tab.
Editing Permissions of Default User Groups
While we have preset the permissions for the 6 default user groups, listed above, you may make further changes to these permissions for 4 of the groups, Budget Owner, Employee, Bookkeeper, and Investor (not Account Owner or Administrator). To change permissions, click the group name (e.g., “Budget Owner”) from the list and select the “Change Permissions” button. You can toggle permissions “On” and “Off” and click Save Changes to finish.
Creating New User Groups
To create a new user group from scratch, click the “Create Group” button in the top left corner.
- Enter the name and description of your group at the top of the page.
- In the “Permissions” section below, all permissions will be toggled to the “Off” status to start. You can flip the toggle to the “On” status to enable your users within this group with permission access..
- Click Save to secure changes to your permissions.
Duplicating User Groups
You may also duplicate any of the existing user groups (other than Account Owner or Administrator) that have already been created – either default list or new customer groups.
- To do so, select the group that you wish to duplicate, click the three vertical dots at the top left corner, and select “Duplicate Group” from the drop down.
- This will prepopulate a new group with the original group’s permissions toggled to the respective On or Off statuses.
- All you need to do is then name the group and add a description.
- Click Save to secure.
Deleting User Groups
To delete user groups, click the group, click the three vertical dots at the top left corner, and select Delete Group from the drop down.