This is a step-by-step guide to configure account and attribute mapping in Rho after you have integrated with your accounting software.
If you have yet to set up your integration, here are guides for how to do so, depending on your accounting software:
With mapping rules in Rho, you can pre-define how your transactions will automatically be labeled when you sync Rho with your accounting software.
IMPORTANT:: Ensure all necessary accounts are created in your accounting software (i.e., credit, checking, and other accounts).
Once all the required accounts are created, click Refresh in the top right corner of the Accounting tab for the new data to appear in Rho. This takes a few minutes.
Getting Started with Mapping Rules
To create mapping rules in Rho, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Rho account in the desktop app, navigate to and select the Accounting tab in the left-hand menu in Rho
- Select Mapping Rules, then select the organization from the list to create mapping rules
Set Up Account Mapping Using the Settings Tab
Account Mapping connects any Rho account (Card, Checking, Treasury, or Accounts Payable) to an existing or newly created Chart of Accounts (CoA) in any accounting software. As a result, all transactions associated with that Rho account are automatically transferred to the corresponding CoA in the accounting software.
To set up your Account Mapping,
- First, under the Settings tab, set up default mapping rules. These default rules will direct all unmapped transactions to a specific Income and Expense ledger in your accounting software.
- Select your default accounts using the dropdown menu. Note, all changes are saved automatically.
- Then, use the drop-down menu under Checking Accounts to map your Rho account to the corresponding account in your accounting software.
- Use the right dropdown menu to choose your Rho account
- Use the left dropdown menu to choose the corresponding account in your accounting software
- Click + New Row to add additional account mapping as needed
- Click Save Changes
- Lastly, use the drop-down menu under Other Accounts to map your Rho accounts (e.g. Credit Card, Rho Treasury, and Rho Accounts Payable) to the corresponding account in your accounting software. All changes save automatically.
Set Up Attribute Mapping Using the Rho Attributes Tab
Similarly, Attribute Mapping enables mapping of any Rho attribute (e.g.Merchant, Merchant Categories, Cards, Budgets, Labels, and Payees) to the corresponding attribute in your accounting software.
Under any of the Rho attributes tabs listed below (e.g. Budgets, Labels, Cards, etc.):
- To the right of Map ____ to, use the drop-down menu to select the corresponding attribute in your accounting software
- Then select the Rho attributes from the dropdown menu
- Next, select your corresponding accounting software attributes
- Click Save Changes
- Click +Add Rule to add additional rules and click Save Changes
In your accounting software program, please note the memo/description field will display the following information in this exact order: Rho Card Payment, Cardholder Name, Merchant Name. The information, while truncated on the main page, will be in full view when clicking on each transaction.
Here is a list of the various Rho Attributes you can map to your Accounting Software. See the descriptions below.
Budgets: Budgets in Rho are used to classify transactions across your cost centers. You can create budgets by department, project, and more (e.g. assign cards, transactions, or people to budgets to help you manage your organization's expenses).
Labels: Labels are the equivalent of classes in your accounting system. You can create custom labels to help categorize your spending and assign labels to any budget, transaction, or bill directly in Rho.
Cards: Virtual or physical Rho cards created in your Rho account can be assigned to transactions (e.g., John Smith Card, Google Ads Card, IT SaaS Card, etc.).
Merchants: The payee or recipient of the goods/services (e.g., Google, Uber, Smith Supplies) can be assigned to transactions.
Merchant Categories: The classification of the payee's business by the type of goods or services provided (e.g., Taxis/Limousines, Courier Services, Electronics Store) can be assigned to transactions.
Payees: A payee is any person or business you want to directly send money to (via ACH, Wire, or check). You can create and save payees in your Rho account.