Reconcile your card and banking transactions with ease - Rho supports custom accounting attributes for flat-file integration, so you can automatically tailor transaction categorization to your business needs.
Custom Attributes Overview
Rho's custom attributes capability enables complex businesses to create up to 5 discrete categorizations for card and banking transactions, facilitating sophisticated, accurate mapping to their accounting ledgers.
Once custom attributes are defined for your company, employee transactions can automatically be tagged to these labels, allowing your accountant to seamlessly sync Rho spend activity to the books with minimal manual lift.
In this article, we will cover:
- How to create and configure custom attributes
- How to automate attribute values by default for transactions from specific cards
- How to require addition of attribute values for employee expense submissions
- How custom attributes appear when exporting expense CSVs
How to create and configure custom attributes
Account Owners and Administrators can create up to 5 custom attributes and define their values by accessing the Rho Attributes setting page.
- Click on Organization Settings.
- Select Rho Attributes.
- Click Change Settings.
- Click the + button to add and name a new attribute.
- Once you have created an attribute, you can click the pencil icon to edit. In the popup, you can add new multi-select values, as well as archive unnecessary values.
- For multi-select attributes, you can import values for the attribute in bulk.
How to automate attribute values by default for transactions from specific cards
You can use advanced card controls to assign attribute values for specific cards, so transactions from these cards automatically are mapped to these specific values, without further manual mapping required.
- First, access the specific card that you wish to make changes to through the cards tab in the Rho Platform.
- Once you have selected the specific card, click Card Settings in the Actions dropdown.
- Ensure that you have Assign Rho Attributes toggled “On” in the Advanced Controls section.
- Only multi-select attributes are available to be added to specific cards. You must select one attribute value to default each card.
How to require addition of attribute values for employee expense submissions
You can also use the expense rule builder to ensure that employee expense submissions are directly mapped to accurate attributes and values.
- In the expenses tab, click on the Policies section.
- Click the Add Rule button, and under the Action section in the rule builder, you will be able to toggle on the requirement for specific attributes that you have defined (for example, “Location”). Hit Save.
How custom attributes appear when exporting expense CSVs
Now, when you go to export CSVs for company or personal expenses, each attribute will populate in a distinct column.
Banking services provided and cards issued by Webster Bank, N.A., Member FDIC. All Rights reserved. © 2019-2023 Under Technologies, Inc. DBA Rho Technologies. Rho is a trademark of Under Technologies, Inc. Rho is not a bank. Rho partners with FDIC-insured banks to offer banking products and services.
By using Rho services, you agree to and are bound by the Rho Terms of Service. https://www.rho.co/terms-of-service