Rho provides several ways to receive funds to your account.
You can find detailed instructions for sending money to your Rho account by clicking the Admin button from the Rho toolbar. From there, click the Documents tab (in grey at the top). You will be able to see the Documents Download section (on the right hand side) of that screen. Here you will find the instructions and account information required for sending money to any of your Rho accounts using the following methods. To download or email these instructions, click the dots (...) next to each form.
- Domestic Wire Instructions (Domestic Wire payments will reach your account within the same day if sent before 3:00PM ET in most cases. Settlement times can vary based on the policies of the sending bank.)
- International Wire Instructions (International wires should arrive between 1-5 business days. Please let your business banker know if you are expecting to receive international wires.)
- ACH Transfer Instructions payments. (Standard ACH payments take between 1-3 business days to settle. An ACH pull can take 2-3 business days, a push can be 1-3 business days. Here is more information on ACH push vs pull transactions.)
- Void Check Template (for proof of account)
To find these documents, click the options (...) button next to the desired instruction and select one of the following:
- Download to download the instructions to your computer or device.
- Email to send the instructions to your email address.
To fund your account you can also do the following in your Transfers Tab:
- Deposit a check Checks can take up to 7 business days to clear. Remote check deposits are limited to $75,000 per day, although larger amounts can be accommodated if communicated in advance.
- Link an external bank account Linked Account transfers can take 2-3 business days to settle.
For the fastest way to fund your account, a domestic wire is recommended
Additionally here is where you can find your routing and account numbers.
If you are having issues with expected payments, please know that Rho Business Banking is unlikely to be able to track incoming payments. Your best option is often to call the sending bank.
However, we're always happy to try to help with any issues you may have. Here is some information on Tracing Incoming Funds.